In August 2022, SUZA, through the School of Education, in collaboration with seven other universities, wrote a proposal to apply for an Erasmus fund to run a project. Fortunately, the proposal has passed and will receive a grant from Erasmus Programme in 2023. The project’s name is Rehabilitation for all through digital innovation and new competencies (RADIC).
The goal of the project is: to contribute towards increased access to rehabilitation through enhanced capacity of higher education to support and scale digital rehabilitation innovations in Eastern Africa.
RADIC’s specific objectives are:
1) To strengthen the role of higher education in promoting rehabilitation in society, including innovation and business ecosystems.
2) To enhance pedagogical opportunities and increase the quality of education in Eastern
As the project’s objectives include health-related disciplines, the School of Education will work with the School of Health to run the project as far as the work distribution of the project is concerned. The collaborating institutions are:
- JYVASKYLAN AMMATTIKORKEAKOULU OY (Finland) Coordinator
- JOMO KENYATTA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE AND
TECHNOLOGY (Kenya) Partner
- MOI UNIVERSITY (Kenya) Partner
- UNIVERSITY OF GLOBAL HEALTH EQUITY (UGHE) LTD (Rwanda) Partner
- UNIVERSITY OF RWANDA (Rwanda) Partner
- THE KILIMANJARO CHRISTIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE (Tanzania) Partner
- THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF ZANZIBAR (Tanzania) Partner
- HOCHSCHULE FÜR GESUNDHEIT (GERMANY) Partner