- Diploma in Inclusive and Special Needs Education (ISNE): A two-year course that prepares you to work confidently with learners with special needs and embraces an inclusive, learning-friendly environment. It will also prepare you to lead and implement inclusive practices within schools, communities and educational systems.
- Diploma in Physical Education and Sport Science (PESS): A two-year course is for students and professionals who want to combine a passion for physical education and sport with a career as a secondary school educator.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education (ECE) : A two-year course is for students and professionals who want to pre-primary teachers , ECE specialists and practitioners, as well as those working in child care and those intending to working with children (social worker).
- Diploma in Educational Leadership and Management (DELM): A two- year course for professionals working in educational or school settings which prepares leaders in education to work in schools, units and other relevant settings.
- Diploma in Primary Education (DPE): A two-year course designed to produce teachers with an in-depth understanding of the subject matter, sound pedagogical and professional skills and ability to adapt to the ever-changing Educational needs in Zanzibar. Its focus is on quality instruction and management of primary schools with the aim of improving the competency of primary school teachers in instruction and managerial skills which is presently largely lacking in schools.
- Diploma in Science with Education (Two Years): a two year course designed to prepare a student to develop sufficient mastery of subject matter and competence in two teaching subjects as well as in pedagogy. Students admitted into this programme shall select two major science subjects of their choice. This diploma prepares professional teachers who can teach at Ordinary Secondary School levels both in public and private schools. Students admitted in a two year diploma should have a background in science subjects at Advanced Secondary school education.
- Diploma in Science with Education (Three Years): a three year course designed to prepare a student to develop sufficient mastery of subject matter and competence in two teaching subjects as well as in pedagogy. Students admitted into this programme starts with a one year foundational course before joining with two years diploma programmes, which equip the students with science subjects, computer and academic skills. This diploma prepares professional teachers who can teach at Ordinary Secondary School levels both in public and private schools. Students to be admitted in a three year diploma normally have a background in science subjects at ordinary secondary school education.
Professional courses are designed to prepare qualified teachers, who will be competent in teaching core academic subjects at secondary school setting. The courses allow prospective teachers to learn subjects of interests and give them a taste of teaching career. In pursuit of our vision and mission, we provide professional courses at diploma and degree level in collaboration with School of Natural Sciences (SNSS) and School of Kiswahili and Foreign Languages (SKFL).
- Bachelor of Arts with Education (BAE)
- Bachelor of Kiswahili with Education (BAKE)
- Bachelor of Science with Education (Bsc Ed)
- Bachelor of Science and Information Technology with Education (BITED)
- Diploma in Languages with Education (DLE)
- Diploma in Arts with Education (DAE)
- Masters of Education in Teaching Kiswahili to speakers of other languages (M Ed. TEKSOL) (Description willfollow)
- Masters of Education in Youth, Gender and Development ( M Ed.YoGD) (Description willfollow)
- Certificate in Education Leadership and Management (CELM)
- Certificate in School Supervision and Quality Assurance
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Teacher Education
- Master of Education in Language in Education (M Ed.LiE )